Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grandpa Steve....


Grandpa Steve came to visit us again this last week. He was on his way back home, after visiting his family in Arkansas. He is so special to us. My mother passed away unexpectedly in November of 2006. I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with Owen, so he never met his Ninna. She was an awesome Ninna! Boy how she loved her Ainey! Steve and my mother, Linda, dated for many years. We are so pleased that he remains in our lives. I know it is hard for him to visit us, but we so enjoy his visits. Grandpa Steve lives on a farm in Orange Grove, and Aidan talks constantly about going to Grandpa Steve's ranch. He also talks about Grandpa Steve's hotel room, and the cold pool. While Grandpa Steve was here, Shane had a little project he needed some help on. I keep telling Shane that he will stop coming if we don't quit giving him projects. Steve can do ANYTHING!!! Steve helped Shane get the pantry framed. I happen to believe that my mom is so proud of Steve! For Mother's day this last year, Shane planted me a new flower bed in the front of our house with all of my mom's favorite flowers. The roses that he planted have never bloomed, until Steve's visit. There are three blooms.....


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Loren Linn Webb said...

I just got chills. That is so amazing that the roses bloomed when Steve was there. That makes me smile. :)