Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Guilt....

Ok, so the guilt is starting to get to me...or is that my precious husband asking if I have updated the blog? I haven't posted anything in almost a week. Here are some things going on in the Skinner household...

*Grandpa Steve came in town, and we went swimming in his hotel pool. It was freezing, so we spent most of the time in the hot tub. It was great getting to see him! I know it is hard for him to come see us because we remind him of my mom. Aidan and Owen love him so much. Grandpa Steve gives them his undivided attention and brings them donuts.

*Aidan has spent a lot of time playing with Noah. They have fun together!

*Aidan attended VBS, but only for one night! He would not go back after the first night because it was too loud. He must be his father's son, because I don't mind noise. =)

*Owen is attempting to say a lot of words, but we are not quite sure what they are. =) He grunts and points, and then finally grabs your hand and shows you what he needs.

*Owen and Rio, our dog, have become great friends lately. Owen thinks it is hilarious to feed Rio whatever he is eating. The other day he was finished with his yogurt, so he just threw it on the floor and Rio finished it. Owen is a very strong willed child.....any suggestions?????

*Shane has been working so hard on our yard. It is really looking GREAT! Thanks Babe!

*I found out of Tuesday that our Assistant Principal will not be coming back next year....that makes me very sad!

*We spent a few day in Wichita Falls because our nephew, Garrett, was on the University Little League District 7 team. They won district and went to Wichita Falls for sectionals. They won 2 games and lost 2 games, so they are out of the running for state champs. We are so proud of Garrett! He is such an awesome player, but more importantly he is a great nephew! Love ya Garrett!

*Nanny and JoJo are going to start keeping the boys for 2 days a week, so Shane and I can get some stuff done. I was so excited about this! I spent a few hours at my school working on my room, and then came home for a nap. I love napping! This was going to be the first nap I have taken all summer without my child. I rushed home, turned the phones off, turned the air down, and snuggled in bed......for about 15 minutes. I could not sleep! If you know me you know I can always sleep, so I don't know what was up. The boys will go to Nanny and JoJo's again on Friday, so maybe I will get a good nap then.

*Demolition Day is tomorrow.....Shane and Grandpa Steve are going to make me a walk in pantry. I can't wait!!!! Shane has worked so hard on our home. He loves all the little projects, and fortunately he can do the majority of them by himself or with little help. I am so blessed!

Well, that is about it for the Skinner update!

2 comments:

Loren Linn Webb said...

Yeah for a pantry !!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome to jump too! It would be a shame for so many kids to have teachers that have never skydived. Not sure of the relevance, but it sounded like a good argument as I typed it. ha