Monday, August 18, 2008

First day back at school....

Today we had to report back to school. It was bitter sweet! It was nice to see my friends, but that means that the kiddos are coming in less than a week. =) Today was pretty boring, sorry Chuck! There really is no way to make going over the handbook fun, is there? We did play some pretty fun games. One was to blow up a balloon, but not just any balloon. Our principal makes balloon animals, so he challenged our color cohort groups to blow up those balloon. He offered points to the team who finished first. Everyone was blowing away and guess who won.......ME! My husband says I am full of hot air! I am not sure it was worth it because my jaws were hurting so bad, and I had to hold on to some boxes to keep from passing out. We got to go out to eat, which is something teachers don't get to do often. We went to Mama's Pizza...YUM! When we were leaving Loren noticed the chocolate chips cookies at the counter. They were as big as my face! Loren bought me one, and boy was it good! THANKS LOREN! I took it home, and of course had to share with my boys. Tomorrow my team will go to math textbook training. Yeah!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope the rest of your staff dev has been fun. I have been BORED out of my mind. All day yesterday and today I had to sit in on balanced literacy...been there, done that, didn't learn anything new and I don't do that in my room. Tomorrow it's back to math, again...don't do that in my room. I need to find a good book to take!

Stephanie said...

Post something new already!

Tins and Treasures said...

I'm sorry that your inservice was boring this year. We have had those too, and it's not a good way to start out the school year. This year we were lucky to have a motivational/inspirational speaker. There's a link to his info a little ways back on my blog. Anyway, makes one anxious to get in there and meet the kids!