Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Project #2...

My sweet, ADHD husband could not sit still for anything once the project bug hit. He did the pantry remodel, arranged for a new roof to be put on and then decided that he needed to paint the house. We have planned on painting the house for a few years, but never gotten around to it. I told Shane that if he would wait until fall I would help. If you know my husband, you know he would never let me help paint. He is an anal artist who would NEVER approve of my work! So, while he was busy outside that left me inside with the boys in the air conditioning. Feeling a little guilty, I decided to do something inside. I took this opportunity to go through and declutter the rooms and organize the drawers, closets, toys, etc. I have to admit it was very refreshing to purge!!!! Again, if you know my husband, he is a bit of a pack rat (understatement of the year), so I bagged everything up before he could see it and sent it off. What he does not know won't hurt him, right? Love ya honey!


4 comments:

Loren Linn Webb said...

Cute, Cute scrapbook page !! Shane is such a good husband. And since you cleaned out the drawers and closets, I guess you are a good wife. Ha Ha. Love ya !!

Anonymous said...

Yes, babe, it was a sacrifice to get up and paint at 7:00 in the morning, but it was worth it. And I must be getting over my packrat habits, because I have had no withdrawal symptoms of all the stuff you purged from my drawers.(That sounded bad, huh?)
Love...Shane

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm thrilled to have an apartment that I don't have to paint. Shane's a stud - painting while I was playing Wii Tennis. See, I work hard too.

Anonymous said...

I see you went for a dramatic color change. We would have picked grey (dirt grey) and hired it out. . .just like you will do when you are our age. Looking good! Don't you love home ownership? Aunt Cindy